Transform old bottles with rainbow-coloured paints, add a funny face and a ball and recycle them into fun and funky skittles!
You will need
- 6 clean, empty plastic bottles with screw-top lids
- Approximately 300g rice
- All-purpose household glue
- Acrylic paints and a brush
- A tennis ball or similar
1. Undo the lids of all six bottles and pour approx 50g of rice into each bottle to weigh it. Run a line of glue around the inside of the lids before screwing them back on to the bottles.
2. Using our picture as a guide, decide on the 'neck', and paint the top part of your bottles a light shade for the head, then paint the body in a darker shade of the same colour. Leave to dry.
3. Paint waves or splodges on the body using the lighter shade. Paint the lids as hats with a contrasting hatband. Paint a row of dots in between the head and the body. Finally, use a fine paintbrush to paint in a face and strands of hair on the head. Leave to dry completely before setting your skittles up for a game!
Where to next?
- Plant pot pet craft
- 41 ways to entertain your kids
- Poppy cat knitting pattern