How to make a cereal-box bag
What you will need
- 1 cereal box
- Acrylic paint (we used green)
- Paint brush
- Scissors or a craft knife
- Glue stick
- Black felt pen
- Small pom poms, yellow and pink
- 3 A4 coloured foam sheets (we used yellow, green and pink)
We can't wait to take this pretty bag shopping with us. No one would ever guess it's made from an old cereal box.
Your kids could have a couple of hours' fun crafting a little shopper of their own. All it takes is an old brekkie packet, some paint, foam and pom poms to make it.
And if you've got a clever clogs at home, let them experiment with different colours and foam designs. They could try a polka dot pattern or even personalise their bag with their name.
Follow our illustrated step-by-step instructions below on how to make a cereal-box bag.
Step 1Cereal-box bag craft equipment...
Find a flat surface to work on and gather together all the craft materials you need to make a cereal-box bag.
- Place the cereal box down flat in front of you, then press the top half of the box down flat and make creases down the sides.
- Trim off the flaps from the top of the box and cut out a handle shape using scissors, or a craft knife for a neater finish.
Step 3Paint the outside of the bag with three layers of green paint and let it dry completely.
Step 4To decorate the cereal-box bag...
Cut out petal and leaf shapes from the foam sheets, then decorate the bag by sticking them down in a flower arrangement, with a pom pom in the middle of each flower.
Design created by Jennifer Shepherd for goodtoknow.co.uk.
For crafts materials such as wooden spoons, felt, pipe cleaners and paper plate etc. visit Baker Ross, a family run craft business who are the leading suppliers of arts and crafts to schools and other organisations across the UK and abroad, based in Walthamstow, London.
Where to next?
- How to make a footie bag craft
- 10 things to make with egg boxes
- 10 things to make with toilet-roll tube