Easy homemade Halloween masks
Get Halloween ready with these simple paper plate masks in three spooky designs, guaranteed to make you the scariest mummy of the night. Our Halloween crafts for kids are the perfect way to spend some quality family time together.
Little ones love dressing up on Halloween, but that doesn't mean it has to take you all day to make something, these are super easy and super speedy, they're bound (get it?) to be fun!
You will need...
- Paper plates
- Orange, black, white, pink and blue acrylic paints
- Paint brush
- Glue stick
- Craft knife
- Black confetti spiders
- Orange tissue paper
- Green & black card
- Pink & black foam sheets
- Orange, black and pink ribbon
- Black & silver twine
- Garden cane, cut into 30cm pieces
- Sticky tape
- Hot melt glue gun
How to make the paper plate masks
- Paint the paper plates with 2 coats of orange and black acrylic paint and leave to dry.
- Use the lid of the glue stick to draw round eyes on the back of the plates. Carefully cut out with a craft knife.
- For the mummy mask, first cut a roll of bandage into 2.5cm wide strips and stick across the black painted plate with glue. Trim around the edge with scissors, and add some black confetti spiders.
- For the pumpkin mask, cut 3cm wide strips of orange tissue paper, and snip along one edge to create fringing. Stick onto the orange plate in overlapping layers with glue. Draw and cut a green card stalk, a black card mouth and triangular nose and stick to the pumpkin's face.
- For a black cat mask, simply paint eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers onto a black plate with acrylic paint. Cut some pink and black foam triangles, and stick to the top of the plate for the cat's ears.
- To make the mask holders, bind ribbons and twine around the length of a piece of garden cane, using tape to hole the ends in place. Glue to the back of the masks with a hot melt glue gun.