These spooktacular lanterns will make any Halloween party instantly more festive with their frightening designs. The older kids will have so much fun getting stuck into dyeing the lanterns and sticking on the ghastly skull, bat and pumpkin templates.
You will need...
- Halloween face & bat templates
- Rubber gloves
- Orange & purple dyes
- Measuring jug
- Large washing bowl
- White paper light shades
- Washing line
- White paper
- Black card
- PVA glue
How to make your Halloween lanterns
- Wearing rubber gloves, make up the dye in a jug following the packet instructions. Pour into the water in a large washing bowl, and mix well. Submerge a section of a paper shade into the dye and leave for 5 minutes, before turning and soaking the next section. Continue moving the shade around, until the entire shade has been dyed.
- Remove the shade and hang up with some string on a washing line until it is dry. Mix up the next colour dye, and repeat the proces.
- Print the black skull and pumpkin face templates onto paper and cut out. Glue the skull templates to a plain white shade. When the orange dyed shade is dry, stick the pumpkin face templates in place.
- Print and cut out the bat templates. Draw around the different sized bats on black card, and cut out. Bend the wings up slightly, then glue to the purple dyed shade.