Use your scraps
Make your own compost from grass cuttings, kitchen scraps and cardboard or straw. It takes six months to mature and regular turning but is worth it so you can make a huge batch and save money. Start a heap in a sunny part of your garden and add the food waste with an equal mix of the wood waste. Mix the ingredients and occasionally turn the heap with a garden fork, making sure the outside ingredients go inside.
/craft/galleries/34095/10-gardening-tips-that-will-save-you-a-fortune/4 /craft/galleries/34095/10-gardening-tips-that-will-save-you-a-fortune/5 /craft/galleries/34095/10-gardening-tips-that-will-save-you-a-fortune/6 /craft/galleries/34095/10-gardening-tips-that-will-save-you-a-fortune/7 /craft/galleries/34095/10-gardening-tips-that-will-save-you-a-fortune/8
- Free pumpkin carving patterns
- Craft kits for kids
- 15 amazing loom band ideas
- Garden crafts for kids
- 10 gardening tips that will save you a fortune!
- 10 things to make with a toilet-roll tube
- 10 ways to spruce up your kitchen under £10
- Storage solutions under a tenner
- Brighten up your home for under a fiver