Amanda's candy canes
How to make Amanda's candy canes:
1. Mix up 1 dried egg white sachet according to the packet instructions and add in a few drops of the peppermint essence.
2. Gradually sift in 550g of icing sugar and mix to a smooth paste.
3. Add in a few drops of the colouring and knead to make the colour mix in, in a swirly pattern.
4. Roll the mixture into thin ropes on a surface dusted lightly with icing sugar and shape into candy canes.
5. Dry the candy canes overnight on non-stick paper. I hope you enjoy making these as much as my daughter did.
Find more food gift recipes including peppermint trees and cooking with kids ideas.
- Free pumpkin carving patterns
- Craft kits for kids
- 15 amazing loom band ideas
- Garden crafts for kids
- 10 gardening tips that will save you a fortune!
- 10 things to make with a toilet-roll tube
- 10 ways to spruce up your kitchen under £10
- Storage solutions under a tenner
- Brighten up your home for under a fiver