How to make Letti's fireplace
How to make Tracey and Letti's fireplace:
1. We made the mantlepiece using long, thin cardboard boxes.
2. We used some thin bits of cardboard to make the back and the bottom of the mantlepiece, then Sellotaped them to the mantlepiece boxes and covered it all in brown packaging paper.
3. We then used washing-up sponges, dipped in brown/red paint to lightly stamp on the paint, to create the brick effect. Leave the paint to dry.
4. Meanwhile, make the fire, we used a bit of cardboard as the base.
5. We painted some cardboard toilet paper tubes brown to look like logs and placed them on the base at angles.
6. Then we scrunched up some red, yellow and orange tissue paper to make the flames.
7. You can also put battery-operated tea lights underneath the tissue paper for a flickering fire effect.
- Free pumpkin carving patterns
- Craft kits for kids
- 15 amazing loom band ideas
- Garden crafts for kids
- 10 gardening tips that will save you a fortune!
- 10 things to make with a toilet-roll tube
- 10 ways to spruce up your kitchen under £10
- Storage solutions under a tenner
- Brighten up your home for under a fiver