Alexandra Davis' Christmas pudding pom pom
How to make Alexandra's Christmas pudding pom poms:
1. To make the pom pom - we put 2 cardboard doughnuts together and wound brown wool around them until the hole in the middle of the doughnut disappeared. This method is easier for small hands but you can also make pom poms on your fingers.
2. Snip the wool around the outside circle with sharp scissors - this is a job for adults.
3. Get a long peice of brown wool then tie and knot it tightly around the middle of the pom pom, inbetween the 2 cardboard doughnuts. Save the long tail of wool so you can thread on the Christmas pudding icing, holly and berries.
4. Take the doughnuts off and fluff up the pom pom. You can re-use the cardboard doughnuts to make more pom poms.
5. Next, cut a 'drippy' piece of white felt and thread it onto the tail with a darning needle for the icing.
6. Then thread green wool or scraps of green felt onto the tail for holly leaves.
7. Finally thread on a red button (or 2) for the berries and tie a knot in the tail to keep everything in place.
- Free pumpkin carving patterns
- Craft kits for kids
- 15 amazing loom band ideas
- Garden crafts for kids
- 10 gardening tips that will save you a fortune!
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- 10 things to make with a toilet-roll tube
- 10 ways to spruce up your kitchen under £10
- Storage solutions under a tenner