Toilet-roll castle craft
Age group: 6 years +
What you will need: 3 toilet roll tubes; 1 kitchen roll tube; scissors; grey, white and brown paint; 1 black marker pen; 1 green paper plate; brown A4 card.
How to make a toilet-roll castle:
- To make the battlements, make short snips all the way around the top ends of two toilet roll tubes, fold down every other snip then paint them grey.
- Paint the kitchen roll tube white with a blue window, then cut the other toilet roll tube in half and paint it white (inside and out) with a brown castle door.
- Use a black marker pen to draw on brickwork and details on the door and window, then stick all of the castle parts onto a green paper plate.
- Roll the brown card into a cone, trim, then place it on top of the high tower. You could even make a flag from a cocktail stick and paper.
Safety: Supervise children when using scissors, or do the cutting for them.
- Free pumpkin carving patterns
- Craft kits for kids
- 15 amazing loom band ideas
- Garden crafts for kids
- 10 gardening tips that will save you a fortune!
- 10 things to make with a toilet-roll tube
- 10 ways to spruce up your kitchen under £10
- Storage solutions under a tenner
- Brighten up your home for under a fiver