Toilet-roll princess puppet craft
Age group: 4 years +
What you will need: 1 toilet roll tube; skin-coloured paint; black and red felt-tip pens; a square of old material; rubber band; hair-coloured wool; glue; gold card; scissors.
How to make a toilet-roll princess puppet:
- Paint the toilet roll tube with skin-coloured paint and when it's dry, draw on the princess's face at the top, using felt-tip pens.
- Turn the princess's head upside down and with the material pattern facing down, wrap it around the tube so most of the material hangs down, then tie a rubber band halfway up the tube to keep it in place.
- Turn the princess the right way around, pull the material right down and the princess has a pretty dress.
- Spread glue just inside the top of the tube and stick the wool on for the princess's hair.
- Make a crown from gold card and decorate your princess puppet with gems and sequins.
Safety: Supervise children when using scissors, or do the cutting for them. Don't allow children to put gems in their mouths.
- Free pumpkin carving patterns
- Craft kits for kids
- 15 amazing loom band ideas
- Garden crafts for kids
- 10 gardening tips that will save you a fortune!
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- 10 things to make with a toilet-roll tube
- 10 ways to spruce up your kitchen under £10
- Storage solutions under a tenner