11. Don't beat yourself upIf you're having an off-day think about the things your parents did wrong. You survived - just about! And remind yourself that we need to make mistakes so we can learn to do something different next times.
12. Explain how much you earnAnd tell how them how much it costs to live so they can see why they sometimes can't have the latest toy or trendy clothes.
13. Don't yellSurprise them by talking very quietly. They'll be so taken aback, they might just listen.
14. Make eye contactWhen you ask them to do something. Far more effective than shouting up the stairs.
15. Don't moanFor one hour every day stop yourself saying anything negative to them. This includes moaning about how bad your day has been.
Top tip: Tell them you love them - sounds simple, but so many kids go through life feeling unloved. Give them loads of hugs or if they're going through a stage where they don't want a cuddle, remember to say those three magic words.
More parenting advice
- The secret of getting your toddler to behave - Do your kids run riot? Have you got any good tips? Share them now in Chat