Here at Essentials, we want to celebrate real women and what better way than by featuring our readers in the magazine? We want to hear from you!
Come on, don't be shy
Just like us you all have your body hates and bad hair days - but don't let that stop you appearing in essentials.
Yes you can!
So, we want to invite every one of you to come forward and volunteer to be an Essentials star and appear in some of the features we've got coming up in
You've got what we need
You might be the one we're looking for to grace our fashion and beauty pages. Or, you could be a budding Nigella and able to lend a hand to our food editor in the test kitchen. Or maybe you just have an amazing story that you want to share in one of our real life features.
Everyone is welcome
Rest assured, we're not looking for super-skinny catwalk models - far from it. This is every 'real' woman's chance to stand out and shine, and now is the time to get in touch.
Get the VIP experience
The readers shortlisted to feature in the magazine will be invited to London for a day to meet the team, have a special lunch, plus we'll send you home with a fabulous essentials goody bag - the full VIP experience!
How to enter
1. Simply copy and paste the headings below into an email to ensure that you send us all the information we need (a shopping list sorts)!
2. Attach two clear photographs that have been taken in the
last three months (no hats, sunglasses etc.) We need one head shot and one full body shot.
3. Finally, send us 100 words telling us why you're
amazing! Need some help? Here's some questions to get you started... What is your attitude to life? Do you balance a busy schedule with family, friends, work, interests? Are you the organiser who arranges nights out and holidays with your group of friends? Are you a great chef or gardener? We want to hear about 'real amazing women'.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
How to Enter
1. The model search closes at 9am on 30th June 2010. You must be available on the 2nd July 2010 to attend a casting for shortlisted entrants and 15th/16th July 2010 to attend the photoshoot.
2. 10 models will be selected to take part in a photoshoot to be published in an issue of Essentials magazine.
3. Please supply all personal information and contact details as specified above. Attach to your email application two photographs taken within the past three months
(one close-up head shot, and one full body shot) plus 100 words of copy detailing
why you're amazing. Email your application to: email@example.com (you will be asked to give your phone number as
part of the online entry).
The Selection Process
4. An Essentials panel will shortlist 30 entrants who will be contacted by telephone after the online model search closes and asked to attend a casting in London on 2nd July 2010. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact shortlisted entrants. Failure to respond or an inability to attend on the date specified will result in forfeiture of the shortlisted place and Essentials reserves the right to offer the shortlisted place to the next eligible entrant. Shortlisted entrants will be able to claim up to £50 towards any reasonable travel expenses incurred as a result of attending the casting, upon production of a valid receipt.
5. 10 entrants will be selected at the casting to attend the photoshoot and will be notified by telephone after the casting day in London on 2nd July 2010. The selected models will be required to attend the photoshoot on 15th/16th July 2010. Failure to respond or an inability to attend the photoshoot on the date specified will result in forfeiture of the modelling opportunity and Essentials reserves the right to offer the modelling opportunity to the next eligible entrant.
Our right to use the content submitted
6. For the purposes of the following, the term 'content' refers to any picture and/or text submitted to Essentials in relation to the 2010 model search.
7. You confirm that any pictures submitted by you are of yourself.
8. By submitting content, you agree to give
Essentials a permanent, irrevocable licence to use your content as it thinks
fit, and you waive any moral rights you may have in the content. Subject to the
aforementioned, you will retain ownership of the copyright in your content, but
grant Essentials a perpetual royalty-free right to exploit the same in any way
it sees fit.
9. You agree to your content being published
on www.goodtoknow.co.uk/essentials and on the Essentials Facebook and Twitter pages and in the Essentials magazine and/or on the website and other media platforms of any Essentials media partner. Essentials will, in its sole discretion, determine the layout and placing of your content on/in such media.
10. Essentials reserve the right to provide any content received for broadcasting on television but no guarantee is given that any entries will be featured on-air.
11. All entries will be moderated and Essentials reserves the right to edit, alter, or adapt your content in its absolute discretion. Applications which Essentials deems are abusive, defamatory, obscene or otherwise in poor taste will be deleted.
12. You agree to be filmed during all rounds
of the model search, during the photoshoot and all promotional activities
associated with the model search and agree that any such footage may be
broadcast on television, through the internet and/or any other media.
13. You agree to take part in any and all
publicity associated with the model search on the request of Essentials or any
Essentials' media partner, which may involve, amongst other things, appearing
14. You agree that any material, including but
not limited to, any photographs and video footage obtained during the course of
the model search, shall be the sole property of Essentials and/or its media
partners (as applicable) and that you waive all your moral rights in any such
15. By entering the model search, entrants
will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and be bound by them.
16. This model search is only open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland.
17.You must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
18. All decisions of Essentials will be final and binding. No correspondence
will be entered into.
19. No responsibility will be taken by Essentials for any entries that are
illegible, misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after
the closing date.
20. Essentials reserve the absolute right to disqualify any entrant to the
model search which Essentials considers has used improper technical means to
21. IPC Media Limited's standard competition terms and conditions apply. Please
go to www.goodtoknow.co.uk/essentials to view these.
Standard terms and conditions
Competition opens 27th May 2010 and closes 30th
June 2010. Normal IPC competition rules apply. Competition details form part of
these terms and conditions. Entry is open to residents of the UK except
employees (and their families) of IPC Media, its printers and agents, the
suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the
competitions. The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age
may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in
disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the
competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a
script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No
responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the
post. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and
no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Winners are responsible for
expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including
any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to
availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions. The promoters
reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject
entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition. The
winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of
county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by
IPC relating to any post-winning publicity. Unless stated otherwise all postal
entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form printed in the magazine.
The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date
stated within the promotional material. Winners will be confirmed in writing.
Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or
provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility
requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be
contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter
reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at
random. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the
criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into
over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time. The
Service Provider and contact details are specified within the promotional
material. When you enter this competition, your email address will be
automatically added to receive essential magazines newsletter. Please note that
you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from the email newsletter via
the unsubscribe message in the email.