When it was announced that Beyonce and Jay-Z were expecting their first child, the media was sent into a frenzy. From the time of the pregnancy announcement to the birth, we were all left wondering what name they'd call their daughter. Could it be something common like Sophia? Or something crazy like Bethzy? No. They looked directly at the rainbow and as you probably know, they chose the name Blue Ivy. This subsequently led to colour-inspired baby names becoming back en vogue and they're still popular today amongst mums and dads.
We've dipped into our colour palette to bring you a plethora of colourful names to inspire you. Don't forget to tell us which names you like the best in the comments section at the bottom of the page and if you've got a colour name that's not included here, we'd love to heat about that too - the more the merrier...and brighter!
Colourful baby names (some are rather vibrant)
- Albus - Latin for 'white'
- Bay - Reddish brown
- Bowie - Gaelic meaning 'fair-haired'
- Boyd - Gaelic meaning 'yellow/gold'
- Shyam - Sanskrit for 'black' or 'dark'
- Xanthos - Greek for yellow
- Roux - French meaning 'red'
- Xanthe - Greek for yellow
Want more inspiration? Have a play with our baby names generator tool below:
Where to next?
- Flower inspired baby names
- Baby names generator
- A-Z of celebrity baby names