It feels so special, so homely, so traditional, and you wonder why you never did this before. And then all of these things happen...
1. You start off feeling great. There's plenty of time for planning.
2. You work out who gets what, and how long it will take to make each one
3. Right, so you probably should have started last January
4. Trying to figure out what you'll actually need is a nightmare
5. And one shop doesn't have everything on your list
6. So you end up shopping in about seven different places
7. No one in your house is allowed to throw away a jar anymore
8. And scraps of ribbon become valuable currency
9. Once you've got all your bits and bobs together, it's time to set up your workspace
10. No, it's no longer a kitchen, it's a 'craft room'
(a development that the rest of the family is thrilled about)
11. And you'll now be in it until 3am every night
12. You manage to create an efficient production line
13. But despite your expert planning, there'll be many moments of self-doubt about your gifts
14. And you'll need a lot of emotional support
15. Remember: if it doesn't turn out quite how you planned, you can cover it in a) icing sugar or b) glitter.
16. Finally, you're done! But of course, once it's finished, it’s not really finished. It needs wrapping
17. And personalising
18. It feels like time is running out fast!
19. But remember, it'll all be worth it when you see those grateful faces on Christmas morning
20. Until you hear them saying something like this to their friends...
Where to next?