Meet our March cover star: Lisa Faulkner!
Back in January we were lucky enough to shoot the, quite frankly, gorgeous Lisa Faulkner to star on the cover of Essentials' March issue.
Not only were we able to spend a day with the talented chef, but we got to have some fun along the way with our Truth or Dare game!
Watch the video to see Lisa reveal some secrets, from what partner John Torode thinks her bad habits are to the most embarrassing thing in her fridge - she even shows us a very unusual hidden talent... !
To celebrate our fabulous cover star, we're giving you the chance to win one of five signed copies of Lisa Faulkner's new book Tea & Cake!
We're giving away five signed copies of Lisa Faulkner's new book Tea & Cake!
Lisa's new book Tea & Cake is dedicated to delicious things to dunk, slice and eat on your tea break so that you can have the perfect cup of tea moment too. It's full of tried and tested easy recipes for biscuits, cakes, tarts and pies - as well as fancier, pretty things for special occasions and an entire chapter devoted to all things chocolate.
We have five copies of Lisa's new book, out on the 26th February, up for grabs which are signed by the author herself. To be in with a chance of winning, we want to see photos of YOUR Tea & Cake moment. Have you been baking up biscuit storm lately, or made the perfect scones for an afternoon tea? Just snap a picture and send it to us, and you may see your creation in an online gallery on goodtoknow, and the five best will win a signed copy of Tea & Cake.
How to enter
Follow us on Twitter @goodtoknow or @Essentials_Mag and then tweet us your #teaandcake photo - you must use the hashtag!
Post your #teaandcake photo on the goodtoknow or Essentials Facebook page.
Send your #teaandcake photos to email@example.com
Psst... Don't forget to subscribe to Essentials magazine
The terms of this competition:
- Prize subject to availability. In the event of a prize being unavailable, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland except employees (and their families) of Time Inc. (UK) Ltd, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- The sponsor is Time Inc. (UK) Ltd
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd relating to any post-winning publicity.
- The winner(s) will be selected at random.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- The Promoter is Time Inc. (UK) Ltd, Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material, the details of the promotional material shall prevail.
- A list of winners will be available by writing into the publisher of the magazine or website at the Promoter's address no earlier than six weeks (unless otherwise stated) after the close of the competition. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.