Whether you are after life advice, some moral support, or just a sweet sentiment to share, your children’s bookshelves are the perfect place to search for inspiration and find your new favourite quote.
Here are 7 of our favourite children's book quotes, from stories old and new...
1. This absolute truth
'Alice in Wonderland' by Lewis CarrollImage: Etsy
There’s nothing quite like being yourself – even if you are a bit bonkers! Quite right, Alice.
2. This valuable reminder
- 'Oh, The Places You'll Go' by Dr SeussImage: Brightdrops
Dr Seuss’s message tells us that ambition and determination are the most important things – words to live by!
3. This moral lesson
- 'The Twits' by Roald DahlImage: Etsy
A lovely reminder of the effect that kindness can have!
4.This beautiful life advice
- 'Peter Pan' by J.M. BarrieImage: Tuningpp
Children’s books are all about dreams coming true – but Peter Pan reminds us that you have to work for them too!
5. This magical mantra
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K RowlingImage: Zuts
You can always rely on Albus Dumbledore to keep your spirits up in the darkest of times.
6. This important message
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkeinImage: Etsy
Well, we definitely value food, so we’re halfway there, right?
7. And this simplest, sweetest declaration of love
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratneyImage: Only Quotes
A quote that absolutely every child should hear, over and over again.
What is your favourite quote from a classic children's tale? Leave us a comment and let us know!