The image of the 'perfect' dad is different in every family, but according to new research from Braun, there are certain qualities that they might have in common.
After quizzing a panel of 1500 6 to 18 year olds, they found that the perfect dad is a whizz at helping with homework, treats mum with respect, tells good jokes and knows how to cook a steak - and that's not all.
The most important factor, with 58% championing the trait, was 'making you feel special and loved' but in total, the youngsters listed 30 traits that complete the perfect dad profile.
So how does YOUR man match up?
30 traits that make the perfect dad1. Makes you feel special and loved - 58%
2. Is hard working - 52%
3. Helps with homework - 49%
4. Is patient and kind - 49%
5. Spends more time with family than mates - 47%
6. Gives a great hug - 46%
7. Stays calm - 39%
8. Treats mum with respect - 38%
9. Is not embarrassed to say 'I love you' - 38%
10. Is cool with your friends - 37%
11. Tells good jokes - 35%
12. Is a safe driver - 35%
13. Teaches you to ride a bike - 34%
14. Is able to join in with sports games - 33%
15. Doesn't dress embarrassingly - 33%
16. Never undermines mum - 30%
17. Sets a great example in all things - 30%
18. Shares all responsibilities - 30%
19. Reads bedtime stories - 28%
20. Is happy to be the butt of family jokes - 27%
21. Teaches you how to be good with money - 27%
22. Cooks up a great BBQ - 26%
23. Can put up a shelf - 25%
24. Gives regular kisses - 25%
25. Is always on the end of the phone - 23%
26. Plays football with you on Sunday - 23%
27. Can change a tyre - 22%
28. Isn't overprotective - 18%
29. Can get to locations without using Sat Nav - 17%
30. Knows how to cook a perfect steak - 15%
Do you agree with the list, or is your dad or partner perfect in their own way? Let us know your thoughts in the comment box below.