When your child's first day at school arrives we know you'll be glowing with pride. As you send them off with their new pencil case and packed lunch, it will be an emotional time for both of you and one you'll never want to forget.
For the last five years we've asked proud mums and dads to celebrate that special 'first day of school' moment with us and send in their adorable pictures, which we've loved pouring over in the office.
From the super sweet to the absolutely hilarious, the brave first steps of your children have been shared and celebrated - some deserving to be in a hall of fame!
We're asking once again for you to share your snaps of your little one's first day at school for a very exciting prize - your pick of a Wiggins bike from Halfords' new Olympic-inspired range!
Last year's entriesTake a look at the fantastic photos from last year's back to school competition for inspiration!
How do I enter?
All you need to do is send us a picture of your kids on their first day of school. It's really that simple.
It doesn't matter if it's their first ever day, or if they're returning for the start of a new term. It can be a pic of them wearing their new school uniform, or a photo of them beaming with excitement to go back - just anything that captures the spirit of going back to school.
You can post your pictures on our Facebook page using the hashtag #GTKbacktoschool.
Tweet us your pictures @GTK_Essentials using the hashtag #GTKbacktoschool.
Simply send us your pics via email with the words 'GTK back to school competition' in the subject line.
Tag us in your Instagram posts @goodtoknow_essentials using the hashtag #GTKbacktoschool.
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 11th September 2016
Created out of a desire to inspire kids to get out cycling, Halfords' Wiggins bikes have been designed with every child in mind - from the wobbly tots to the budding road racers and everyone in-between. With considered details throughout; smaller grips for tiny hands, through to slick Kenda tyres for a smooth ride, every bike has been tailored for an incredible cycling experience.
This exclusive new range celebrates the sheer enjoyment, exhilaration, and freedom of cycling. In Bradley's own words, 'A Wiggins bike can take you wherever you want it to. From the garage to the gate, or even the greatest. You can fly'
Your little one will be the envy of all their friends, tearing up the pavement in style and substance. Riding the bike of a real Olympian and cycling hero they'll be unstoppable on their new wheels.
There is a whole range of Wiggins bikes that cater from ages 2 - 14 on the Halfords website. The winner of the competition will be permitted to pick one bike from this range to suit your child's age and style preference. Bikes range from £100 - £450.
Terms and conditions
- The winning photos will be judged by the GoodtoKnow team and their decision is final.
- The winner will be permitted to choose one bike of their choice, from the Wiggins range on the Halfords website, up to the value of £450.
- There is only one entry per person allowed.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland except employees (and their families) of Time Inc (UK) Ltd, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- The sponsor is Halfords.
- The closing date is midnight, 11th September 2016.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- The sponsors will endeavour to send the prizes to the winners within 28 days of being notified of the winners' details.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Photos must belong to the user that submits the photo and all copyright will remain with them.
- Ensure you have the permission of the child's parent or guardian if you are submitting a picture of a child who doesn't belong to you.
- All entries will be posted onto GoodtoKnow.co.uk as part of their content but will not be used for any other purpose other than for creation and promotion of this content as a result of the competition.
- In submitting your photo of your child you are giving permission for GoodtoKnow to post this photograph on GoodtoKnow.co.uk and on its social media platforms.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Time Inc (UK) Ltd relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The providers of the prizes are specified within the promotional material.
- The Promoter is Time Inc (UK) Ltd, Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material, the details of the promotional material shall prevail.
- A list of winners will be available by writing into the publisher of the magazine or website at the Promoter's address no earlier than 6 weeks (unless otherwise stated) after the close of the competition. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.