They're always in your corner, support you when you need it, and most importantly will give you enough food that you have to be rolled out of their house.
Sure, you may have to spend hours teaching them how to use a computer, or which remote controls the TV and which controls the DVD player but regardless of their quirks, they will always be brilliant, brilliant people.
And so, to celebrate everyone's favourite relatives, here is a round-up of why grandparents are truly a blessing. We bet you recognise a few of these from your own nan and grandad...
1. They always buy the BEST presents
Grandpa bought her a teddy bearððð pic.twitter.com/9PWRMZHV9U— Sabrina (@brina_lioness) September 17, 2016
It's not a gift from grandad if it's not completely over the top.
1. They always come to your defence when mum or dad shout at you
Nothing beats seeing your parents get in trouble with grandma or grandad.
2. The golden rule of grandparenting: When the grandchildren visit, they must be eating all the timeImage: Imgur
3. They'll always happy to help out when necessaryImage: Tumblr
4. They remind us that true love existsImage: Imgur
5. And they aren't afraid to act silly around one anotherImage: Imgur
Age is just a number.
6. They're unintentionally hilarious
âMy grandparents were waiting for each other at the mall.â pic.twitter.com/JTvgQsa9T6— Luis Grave î² (@luis_grave) August 6, 2016
7. Just because they're grandparents doesn't mean they don't know how to have a good timeImage: Reddit
8. They will always be proud of your achievements and never stop cheering you on...
9. They're adorable when they try to get to grips with technology
Helping your grandparents like ð pic.twitter.com/mTqwziSywM— KID KYPREE (@KypreeDaGawd) August 11, 2016
10. And Facebook still remains a bit of a mysteryImage: Imgur
11. But when they text, they do it WELL
12. Okay, so your birthday presents might not be exactly what you asked for, but grandparents always get an A+ for effortImage: Imgur
13. SOMETIMES THEY DON'T REALISE THAT TYPING USING ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTINGImage: Imgur
14. They're just plain honestImage: Imgur
15. And are always ready to surprise you
Someone offered my grandpa a preferred seat for elderly people on the subway and he did this pic.twitter.com/h7QjAM5rRw— Britton Barker (@b_flex14) August 11, 2016
16. Grandparents, you will never stop being amazing!