Earl Wilson took to Facebook to highlight the risk, adding that he didn't think his daughter would 'be here now' if the incident had happened when she was unsupervised.
'Beware, my daughter nearly choked on this Tommee Tippee soother yesterday morning. If it wasn't for my wife's quick thinking I'd hate to think what would of happened,' he wrote.
'My daughter turned blue and Sam had to remove the teat from her throat. My main concern is it's an owl dummy (associated with night) so people will be using it at bed time.'
'I don't think my daughter would be here now if this happened in the middle of the night. I've been to B&M on York Road and they say they're going to contact head office.'
His post has had more than 25,000 shares and thousands of comments from people tagging other parents who might have used the same style and make of dummy, or saying how shocked they were by Earl's experience.
'Christ 😢 how scary!! It does say on the packet to pull the teat all ways to see if it comes off but I didn't think it actually would!!,' one wrote.
A spokesperson for Tommee Tippee told MailOnline: 'The safety and wellbeing of babies is at the heart of absolutely everything we do, so we're taking this extremely seriously.
'We're very sorry that Earl and his wife and daughter have had this experience; it must have been very distressing for them.
'We're going to investigate this thoroughly, and have already spoken to Earl's wife, Sam, to arrange to get the soother back so we can examine it.
'We would like to reassure parents that all of our products comply with strict European safety standards.
'However, like all other soother manufacturers, we always advise parents to pull the soother in all directions and look for bite marks before every single use, and throw away at the first signs of damage or weakness.'
They said that anyone with questions or concerns can contact them through Facebook page or via their Careline 0500 97 98 99.
B&M Bargains added that they have also asked the supplier to investigate.