Almost half of UK mums are staying up late and going online every night to get all their jobs done, according to research.
As more and more of us are feeling stressed with all the jobs we need to get done, many of us are staying up past midnight every night to do little jobs like checking our emails, checking our bank balances and reading the news.
In fact, our time is so precious now that research done by Three revealed that many mums now get less than 6 hours sleep per night.
If you’re a midnight mum, watch our video with Denise Van Outen for advice on getting jobs done while you’re on the go.
Try these time-saving tips:
* Keep a running shopping list in your handbag and add things to it as you think of them. That way, you won’t ever have to pop back to the shops for the one thing you forgot.
* Get your kids to help with housework. Give them a job, such as washing up or emptying the bins in exchange for some pocket money.
* Multi-task your movements. Could you stop at the supermarket on the way to pick up the kids? Can you call in and visit a relative while you’re walking the dog? Try and fit as many jobs into each outing as possible!
* If you’ve got a smart phone, use it to surf the net while you’re on the go. You can check your emails and bank balance while you’re waiting in the playground, in the line at the supermarket and so on.
The best time-saving apps
* The NCT Babychange app finds the nearest babychanging facilities to where you are.
* Your bank’s app. Most banks have their own apps for you to download – handy for checking your bank balance when you’ve got a few minutes to spare.
* Kids’ games apps. If you need to keep your little one entertained for a few minutes, some apps to distract them will be a great help! Try Talking Tom Cat, a pet cat that responds to your touch and repeats what you say in a funny voice.
* Your favourite newspaper’s app. If keeping up-to-date with the news is important to you, lots of newspapers have apps that’ll give you a breakdown of the latest news.
* goodtoknow! We don’t have an app yet, but we do have a smart phone-friendly version of the site, so you can plan your dinner and save your favourite recipes, get health and diet advice and read the latest celeb gossip while you’re on the go.