Every year we seem to get the same Christmas cards, and sometimes it feels as though there’s only so many ‘Merry’ and ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’ wishes a person can take in a lifetime.
Thankfully, as if by Christmas magic, some Christmas card creators started getting real about the festive struggle for us mums. It’s not all just shiny tinsel and beautifully wrapped presents… It’s overeating and answering the unbelievably hard question: ‘White, red or mulled wine?’
So if you’re tired of the same old yearly greetings, here are a few of the best Christmas cards for mums to give or receive – do you agree?
1. If you want to be honest
Tis the season to tell the truth…
2. If Prosecco is your mate for life
It’ll ALWAYS be there for you… As long as you have at least a tenner to spare, that is.
3. If your love for pigs in blankets is strong
We’ll ignore friends and relatives if we have to for pigs in blankets. No question.
4. If you’re the wrapping queen
It’s the wrapping truth…
5. If you don’t like to waste
Because you have to compensate for the other 11 months of the year when you can’t drink mulled wine. Time is of the essence, people – pass us a straw!
6. If you’re a turkey lover
If you’re not struggling by the end of Christmas dinner, you’re most certainly not doing it right.
7. If you’re really not feeling the Christmas spirit
Don’t worry, grumpy cat is here for you.
8. Or if you’re feeling all the Christmas spirits
Jolly Christmas indeed.
9. If you really really love Christmas
You know, Home Alone on a loop come 1st December, mulled wine in one hand and all the advent calendar chocolate in the other.
10. If you do what everyone else does
It’s basically a Christmas tradition in itself.
11. If eating is your holiday mantra
This is true and everyone who says otherwise is playing Grinch with our festive happiness.
12. If you want your other half to be generous
‘Isn’t this card funny, hahahaha, here’s your credit card and off you go!’
13. If you’re wishing for a white-but-not-that-white Christmas
Yeah, we still need to go out for boxing day sales.
14. If you’re not fussy about your Christmassy source of joy
Red Christmas sounds good too.
15. If you’re up for Mission Impossible, Christmas edition
Do you volunteer?
16. If you really love someone
Video of the Week
And we love mince pies, so that’s really saying something.
17. If you’re the Rachel of the group
‘The receipt is inside the bag… ‘ THANK HEAVENS.
18. If you actually really love wearing your Christmas jumper
Bless your little festive soul.
19. If you’re always up for a top up
Here’s a Christmas miracle we’re actually not that fussed about.