Kate Middleton at her first state banquet: October 2015
The Duchess attended the white-tie occasion, which was hosted by the Queen and Prince Phillip at Buckingham Palace, in a full length, scarlet Jenny Packham gown with capped sleeves.
She accessorised with drop diamond earrings, a diamond bracelet, and the intricate 'Papyrus' tiara, also known as the Lotus Flower; an item of jewellery once owned by the Queen Mother. This was only Kate's third time wearing a diamond tiara - the first was at her wedding in 2011, where she wore the Cartier 'Halo' design, and the second was at a reception for diplomats in 2013.
Kate and William were both seated at the top table at the event, but notably not together - she was seated in the most prominent position for a female member of the royal family after the Queen, and looked every inch her important part!
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter