Choose the right family pet: Reptiles
The local vet says: 'If you get the environment wrong it can make a reptile very ill. They are cold-blooded animals and need somewhere to warm up, under a lamp, and then also a corner to cool down in.'
Things to remember: Research how big lizards and snakes can grow. If you get this wrong, they could outgrow their tank fairly quickly and it'll end up costing you more. Reptiles will need live food to live. Beware of salmonella on a reptile's scales and always wash your hands after handling them.
Family rating? Reptiles are great for kids but require a costly start-up.
- The royals as babies
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play