Choose the right family pet: Fish
The local vet says: 'The tank needs to be perfect. There's so much chlorine and other elements in tap water that it needs at least a week to settle, with a filter and all your other plants and objects, before the fish go in.'
Things to remember: Goldfish can die very quickly if you get it wrong. Do your research and the kids will have some very happy fish to feed every night after school. The initial set-up is also fairly costly with a basic starter kit costing £34.50 from Amazon.
Family rating? Goldfish are easy to look after and fairly cheap. Great if you want to save time and money!
- World Book Day costume ideas
- Best artificial Christmas Trees 2017
- Top Christmas toys 2017
- Kate Middleton pregnant: Her best baby bump moments
- Best potties: Which is the best potty for toilet training?
- Hidden sugar in kids foods: What's in your child's favourites?
- Top kids' toys for 2017
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies