Choose the right family pet: Hamsters
The local vet says: 'Small children need supervision around small pets. They may drop the hamster or injure the animal because they're not good at handling them, and small hamsters can't defend themselves like a cat or dog would.'
Things to remember: Hamsters can get very irritable when they're woken from sleeping and picked up. They may even bite, so ensure you supervise the child who is handling a hamster.
Family rating? Hamsters are perfect furballs and make great pets for children.
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter
- Princess Charlotte's baby album