The UK's best budget theme parks
- All parks have cafés and restaurants, but to save money, take packed lunches and a little pocket money for treats like ice creams.
- Remember to check and confirm opening times before you travel, as park times vary during the year.
- Check height/age restrictions for rides in advance and make sure the park has enough rides to cater for all of your children, whatever their age/height.
- Prices correct April 2013 and are based on online tickets for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children). Note prices are subject to change at any time so check the website at time of booking.
- Some parks offer free entry to children under a certain age/height e.g. under 3s, so it can be cheaper to buy individual tickets rather than family ones.
Pictured: M&D's Theme Park, Scotland
Feature by Meera Dattani