Adventure Island, Southend
Open: Times vary, with daily opening in June, July and August, and weekend- and half-terms-only at other times. The park is closed in December and January. Check at adventureisland.co.uk.
What’s there: Little ones under 1 metre are best suited to the ‘red band’ rides such as the Kiddi-Koats and Viking Boats, while the ‘green band’ offers more exciting options, such as the Fireball. The all-inclusive ‘blue band’ grants access to the full spectrum of amusements, including the popular Vortex and Tidal Wave rides. The advantage of Adventure Island is that once you've bought your band, you can go on each ride as many times as you like.
Buy tickets online at adventureisland.co.uk
- The royals as babies
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play