M&D's Theme Park, Motherwell, Scotland
Open: Opening times vary from weekends-only in March to daily in July and August. Theme parks rides are closed from November to February. Indoor entertainment complex and Amazonia are open year-round. Check at scotlandsthemepark.com.
What's there: Scotland's biggest theme park in Motherwell has more than 40 rides and attractions with 5 rollercoasters, 2 water rides and lots of thrill rides. 2 of the best rides are the Tsunami - Scotland's only inverted rollercoaster, and the park's largest ride, Tornado, with its two 360-degree loops. Younger children are catered for too with the Runaway Mine train. It's also hoe to the Amazonia indoor tropical rainforest attraction, mini golf, Glow in the Dark indoor bowling and a huge soft play area.
Buy tickets online at scotlandsthemepark.com
Check for special offers
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter
- Princess Charlotte's baby album