Wicksteed Park, Kettering
Open: The park and grounds are open daily (vehicle gates closed on Christmas Day). Ride opening times vary from weekends and half-terms only to daily in July and August with limited/no rides in November and December. Check at wicksteedpark.co.uk.
What's there: Founded 90 years ago by Charles Wicksteed, the inventor of the slide and swing, this is the UK's oldest public park and has Europe's largest free playground set within a Grade II-listed park and garden. The Fairground and Arena areas are home to rides such as Clarence the Coaster (new in 2012), Pirate Ship, Rocky River Falls log flume, the Clown rollercoaster and speedy Le-Mans-style twin-seater racing cars. Little ones will love the Honey Pot Bears ride and Ladybird rollercoaster. There's also an indoor ice rink and railway.
Buy tickets online at wicksteedpark.co.uk
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter
- Princess Charlotte's baby album