The Queen: 1947
Elizabeth met Prince Philip (he was Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark before becoming the Duke of Edinburgh) in the 1930s and fell in love. The pair kept in touch with letters and later married at Westminster Abbey on 20 November 1947. The pair received a whopping 2,500 wedding gifts from around the world!
/family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/7 /family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/8 /family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/9 /family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/10 /family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/11
- World Book Day costume ideas
- Best artificial Christmas Trees 2017
- Top Christmas toys 2017
- Kate Middleton pregnant: Her best baby bump moments
- Best potties: Which is the best potty for toilet training?
- Hidden sugar in kids foods: What's in your child's favourites?
- Top kids' toys for 2017
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies