The Queen: 1953
After her father King George VI passed away, Queen Elizabeth II was crowned at a coronation ceremony at Westminster Abbey on 2 June 1953 in front of more than 8,000 guests. Around 3 million people lined the streets of London to see the new monarch as she travelled to Buckingham Palace in the golden state coach. Check out the gold on that carriage!
/family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/9 /family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/10 /family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/11 /family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/12 /family/galleries/34459/diamond-jubilee-the-queen-s-life-in-pictures/13
- World Book Day costume ideas
- Best artificial Christmas Trees 2017
- Top Christmas toys 2017
- Kate Middleton pregnant: Her best baby bump moments
- Best potties: Which is the best potty for toilet training?
- Hidden sugar in kids foods: What's in your child's favourites?
- Top kids' toys for 2017
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies