Foxley Wood, Norfolk
Whatís there: In the spring, youíll see all sorts of flowers from bluebells to lily of the valley, but also tawny owls, sparrowhawks and woodpeckers. Take a kidsí birdbook so they can try to identify them. In the summer, look out for the common Pipistrelle bat and the lovely White Admiral butterfly. In the winter months, thereís a good chance of spotting badgers too. The longest trail takes an hour so itís ideal for families as you donít have to walk for a long time. No dogs allowed, though.
Open: The reserve is open from 10am-5pm (except Thursdays) all year.
More info: Norfolk Wildlife Trust - Foxley Wood
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter
- Princess Charlotte's baby album