Wild red deer, Richmond Park London
What’s there: With 300 red deer and 350 fallow deer, it is relatively easy to spot these wonderful creatures. They are wild animals so always keep your distance (especially if you have a dog!). If you’re in the park during autumn, the deer breeding season means you may see the red stags and fallow bucks competing for females with plenty of roaring and antler-fighting. Baby deer are born in June, but they're much harder to spot as mothers hide them in the long grass.
Open: The park opens from 7am in the summer and 7.30am in the winter, and closes at dusk. You can find exact closing times on the website.
More info: Royal Parks - Richmond Park
Where to next?
Best UK shopping outlets
Free museums in the UK
Budget theme parks in the UK
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play