Wild ponies, Exmoor
What’s there: Take a picnic to one of the well-placed sites such as Winsford Hill, Landacre Bridge and Porlock Hill, and you're almost guaranteed to see some wild ponies. You'll also get great views over the moors and coastline. Alternatively, you can visit the free Exmoor Pony Centre which offers a chance to get up close to the moor–bred ponies and find out more about them. There are extra charges if you want to ride.
Open: The Exmoor Pony Centre is open daily from 10am to 5pm. Picnic sites are open at all times.
More info: Visit Exmoor
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter