Safaris on the Isle of Wight
What’s there: There’s a lot of wildlife on the island and Wightlink, one of the leading ferry operators, has compiled a list of 8 adventure walks/safaris around the Isle of Wight. The Wildlife Safari takes place around the 44-acre nature reserve of Alverstone Mead near Sandown where red squirrels, barn owls, kingfishers, water voles, dragonflies, bats and dormice roam the land. If birds are more your thing, the remote Newtown Estuary is a prime spot for migratory birds and rare bird species. The free guide also has ideas for pub and lunch stops to help you plan your day, just download one or request a hard copy from the website link below.
More info: Wightlink Safaris
- World Book Day costume ideas
- Best artificial Christmas Trees 2017
- Top Christmas toys 2017
- Kate Middleton pregnant: Her best baby bump moments
- Best potties: Which is the best potty for toilet training?
- Hidden sugar in kids foods: What's in your child's favourites?
- Top kids' toys for 2017
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies