Top tips from camping mums
Sarah Harlow, mum of 3 children aged 6, 3 and 15 months, is also a keen camper. 'Being allowed to have your own campfire is the big sell for us. But don't bother trying to 'Jamie Oliver it up' - go for hotdogs and baked beans and save the gourmet food for dinner parties! Do use it as an opportunity to get your kids to try food they don't like - it's amazing how popular usually-unpopular food becomes when it's cooked on the fire. Think veggies in foil like sweetcorn. And take lots of baby wipes/wet wipes for all the family!'
Where to next?
20 free things to do with the family
See free wildlife in the UK
Free museums in the UK
- World Book Day costume ideas
- Best artificial Christmas Trees 2017
- Top Christmas toys 2017
- Kate Middleton pregnant: Her best baby bump moments
- Best potties: Which is the best potty for toilet training?
- Hidden sugar in kids foods: What's in your child's favourites?
- Top kids' toys for 2017
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies