Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland
Cost: Adult £9, senior £8, child 5-15 years £4, family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children) £22. Under 5s free.
Open: Daily 10am-5pm until 31st October. From 1st Nov 2012 - 15th Feb 2013 weekends only 11am-4.30pm.
How to get there: The castle is 42 miles from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, 70 miles from Edinburgh and close to the A1. You can park all day at the castle for £2. There are regular local buses and the nearest train station is Chathill, 6 miles away.
Where to buy tickets: Call Bamburgh Castle on 01668 214515
- The royals as babies
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play