Bodiam Castle, Sussex
Cost: With Gift Aid - adult £7, child £3.50, family (2 adults, 3 children) £18.60, family (1 adult, 3 children) £11.60. Without gift aid, adult £6.30, child £3.15, family (2 adults) £16.70, family (1 adult) £10.40
Open: The castle, shop and tea room are open 10.30am-5pm daily. Check the National Trust website.
How to get there: The castle is 3 miles south of Hawkhurst and 3 miles east of A21 Hurst Green between Tunbridge Wells and Hastings. In season, there's a steam railway route from Tenterden, and Robertsbridge train station is 5 miles away. The castle is also on the Sussex Border Path.
Where to buy tickets: Bodiam Castle website
Where to next?
UK's best free museums
See wildlife for free in the UK
UK's best budget theme parks
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter