Penrhyn Castle, North Wales
Cost: Adult £11, child £5.50, family ticket £28 (with Gift Aid). Adult £10, child £5, family ticket £25 (without Gift Aid).
Open: Opening hours vary, but in general the castles open at 12pm and the gardens at 11am, with both closing at 5pm. Check times on the National Trust website.
How to get there: The castle is located at Llandygai on the A5122 and is well signposted from junction 11 of the A55 and A5. Bangor train station is 3 miles away. Free parking is available.
Where to buy tickets: On arrival at Penrhyn Castle
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play