Hedingham Castle, Essex
Cost: Adult £6, child 5-16 years £4, family ticket (2 adults, 3 children) £20.
Open: The castle is open Sunday to Thursday; closed Friday and Saturdays. Opening times vary so check the Hedingham Castle website before you go.
How to get there: The castle is located in the small village of Castle Hedingham, half a mile from the A1017 between Cambridge and Colchester with easy access from the M11 motorway via Braintree. The closest train station is Braintree, about 20 minutes away.
Where to buy tickets: From the ticket office at Hedingham Castle
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter