Hedingham Castle, Essex
Cost: Adult £6, child 5-16 years £4, family ticket (2 adults, 3 children) £20.
Open: The castle is open Sunday to Thursday; closed Friday and Saturdays. Opening times vary so check the Hedingham Castle website before you go.
How to get there: The castle is located in the small village of Castle Hedingham, half a mile from the A1017 between Cambridge and Colchester with easy access from the M11 motorway via Braintree. The closest train station is Braintree, about 20 minutes away.
Where to buy tickets: From the ticket office at Hedingham Castle
- World Book Day costume ideas
- Best artificial Christmas Trees 2017
- Top Christmas toys 2017
- Kate Middleton pregnant: Her best baby bump moments
- Best potties: Which is the best potty for toilet training?
- Hidden sugar in kids foods: What's in your child's favourites?
- Top kids' toys for 2017
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies