Bikes for kids
In line with the Sustran's Big Pedal competition 2013 that encourages kids to get cycling to school, we’ve tested some of the most popular bikes for kids and kids' cycling products out there, like BMX bikes for the older children, and bike seats and trailers for the littler ones, so you can accompany them on the ride, with the knowledge that they are safe.
There are so many bikes for kids out there and different aids and accessories that make cycling with kids easier. We’ve teamed up with Sustrans and put 6 popular bike products to the test by 6 families, so you can get advice on bikes for kids from real families just like you.
Plus they’ve told us how these bikes for kids have changed the way they think about cycling, for the whole family. Meet our testers and see how they scored these bikes for kids.
Don't forget to stay safe!
• Stay visible using hi-vis vests and lights
• Make sure your bike is in working order
• Plan your route with sustrans.org and let your parents or carers know
• If you are wearing a helmet make sure it fits properly and is done up
• Travel with a friend or your family – it’s more fun that way!
- Best artificial Christmas Trees 2017
- Top Christmas toys 2017
- Kate Middleton pregnant: Her best baby bump moments
- Best potties: Which is the best potty for toilet training?
- Hidden sugar in kids foods: What's in your child's favourites?
- Top kids' toys for 2017
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies
- Royal baby traditions