Seek medical help if things get serious
If you're finding you can't keep any food or water down, consult your doctor or midwife straight away, as the condition can cause dehydration and lower-than-average birth weight if left untreated.
GoodtoKnow user Angela said: 'I had a very difficult pregnancy and my advice to anyone having trouble is: don't be a martyr. Get yourself signed off sick if you need to, and speak to all the midwives and doctors you can - they'll really help.'
- Free knitting patterns
- The royals as babies
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play