Young children learn though play, so it's important to give them lots of time to do this - even if it means repeating the same activity over and over again.
Don't be surprised if your toddler rejects expensive or complicated toys in favour of simple household objects. Banging on pots and pans, shaking containers filled with dried rice, pasta or beans or playing with building blocks or stacking cups can improve their ability to handle small objects and teach them about everything from sounds and colours to shapes and textures.
- The royals as babies
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play