The typical 1-year-old is happiest with his or her parents, and can be shy around strangers or people that they don't know well. Even more outgoing and confident children will look to your for comfort and reassurance, particularly in new or unfamiliar situations.
As your child approaches their 2nd birthday, they will start to show more interest in other children. However, don't be surprised if your child isn't keen on playing with other children straight away. It can take time to get used to being around others, particularly if your child is shy.
- Royal baby traditions
- Celebrities with twins
- Creative play: Christmas gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Halloween party ideas: Monster Doors
- Best artificial Christmas Trees
- Free knitting patterns
- Top Christmas toys for 2016
- Creative play: Birthday gift ideas that encourage imaginative play
- Like mother, like daughter