The pregnant presenter is said to have been miffed when producers chose Emma, 32, to replace Fiona Phillips as main anchorwoman.
'We get on very well,' Kate, 42, tells the Sunday People.
'It was difficult when she started, but that wasn't because of me. It was because of everyone else jumping to the conclusion that there would be problems between us.
'Emma and I are friends now, she even came to my husbands recent book launch.'
Emma joined GMTV on 8 January.
Where to next?- Older celeb mums
- 8 rules of arguing
- How to cope with anger issues
- Get baby name help with our generator
- Read more celeb stories about Kate
- Get all your best goodtoknow bits delivered straight to your desktop or on Facebook
- Get a free gift when you sign up for our newsletters