What about other benefits?

(15 ratings)
You may qualify for other benefits such as:
  • Child Trust Funds
  • Sure Start Maternity grants
  • Child Benefit, free prescriptions and dental treatment and Tax Credits. Ask at your local benefit office or Citizen Advice Bureau for details.


Get more help from:

  • Visit the Government website at
  • Your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) provides free advice. Find details in your phone book or online at or at
  • The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) offers free, confidential and impartial advice on all employment rights issues. Tel 08457 47 47 47 from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday.
  • Ask your HR department at work for information and if you're a member of a trade union, you can get advice from them.


Continued below...

More from goodtoknow

- Help and advice on your return to work
- Sign up to our free pregnancy newsletter
- Pregnancy and health issues

Your rating

Average rating

  • 4
(15 ratings)

Your comments

comments powered by Disqus

FREE Newsletter

Subscribe to Essentials

Subscribe from only 21.99