Make your own playdough
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar (which you can get in the baking aisle at the supermarket)
- ½ cup salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- food colouring
- Add the water and oil and cook over medium heat until thick.
- At this stage you can either add a few drops of food colouring to the mixture and kneed in. If you want two colours, split the mixture and add different colours to each half.
- Now it's over to the kids!
Got a great money-saving tip? Share it with us on Facebook
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums