Save at the supermarket
All supermarkets are battling to get you into their stores by running special offers. It won't save you money if you spend on things you wouldn't usually buy just because they're on offer, but if you take advantage of offers on things that are already on your shopping list, or things you know you'll use, offers are a great way to save money.
So every week we search the supermarkets to find the best offers around to help you plan your shopping list or decide which supermarket to visit. But offers aren't the only way to save at the supermarket - follow these tips too:
- Make a shopping list and stick to it. Try to go shopping without your husband and kids too, you'll find that far fewer 'extras' appear in the trolley. - Give own-brand products a go - you might be surprised by the quality. - Never go shopping when you're hungry, you'll be far more likely to buy things you don't need. - Buy things in bulk that you'll need for the month - like toilet roll, cereal, cleaning products, tinned vegetables.
Please note: Prices and offer correct at time of writing. All offers are subject to availability while stocks last. Stores may change prices at any time.
Click through this gallery to find the best offers.
Browse our other pictures
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 25th - Sunday 31st August 2014
- Supermarket offers
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 18th August - Sunday 24th August 2014
- Affordable back to school essentials
- The best offers from Approved Food and ClearanceXL
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 11th August - Sunday 17th August 2014
- 10 easy holiday money-savers
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 4th August - Sunday 10th August 2014
- 50 cheap outdoor toys for summer
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 28th July - Sunday 3rd August 2014
- 10 best (and cheap) paddling pools
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 21st July - Sunday 27th July 2014