Save at the supermarket
All supermarkets are battling to get you into their stores by running special offers. It won't save you money if you spend on things you wouldn't usually buy just because they're on offer, but if you take advantage of offers on things that are already on your shopping list, or things you know you'll use, offers are a great way to save money.
So every week we search the supermarkets to find the best offers around to help you plan your shopping list or decide which supermarket to visit. But offers aren't the only way to save at the supermarket - follow these tips too:
- Make a shopping list and stick to it. Try to go shopping without your husband and kids too, you'll find that far fewer 'extras' appear in the trolley.
- Give own-brand products a go - you might be surprised by the quality.
- Never go shopping when you're hungry, you'll be far more likely to buy things you don't need.
- Buy things in bulk that you'll need for the month - like toilet roll, cereal, cleaning products, tinned vegetables.
Please note: Prices and offer correct at time of writing. All offers are subject to availability while stocks last. Stores may change prices at any time.
Click through this gallery to find the best offers.
Browse our other pictures
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 2nd December - Sunday 9th December 2013
- Asda Black Friday: in pictures
- 12 cheapest coats for kids
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 25th November - Sunday 1st December 2013
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- Supermarket offers
- 100 stocking fillers under a fiver
- 50 Christmas money-saving tips
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 18th - Sunday 24th November 2013
- Cheap Christmas dinner for under £20
- 10 energy saving myths busted
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 11th - Sunday 17th November 2013