Save at the supermarket
All supermarkets are battling to get you into their stores by running special offers. It won't save you money if you spend on things you wouldn't usually buy just because they're on offer, but if you take advantage of offers on things that are already on your shopping list, or things you know you'll use, offers are a great way to save money.
So every week we search the supermarkets to find the best offers around to help you plan your shopping list or decide which supermarket to visit. But offers aren't the only way to save at the supermarket - follow these tips too:
- Make a shopping list and stick to it. Try to go shopping without your husband and kids too, you'll find that far fewer 'extras' appear in the trolley.
- Give own-brand products a go - you might be surprised by the quality.
- Never go shopping when you're hungry, you'll be far more likely to buy things you don't need.
- Buy things in bulk that you'll need for the month - like toilet roll, cereal, cleaning products, tinned vegetables.
Please note: Prices and offer correct at time of writing. All offers are subject to availability while stocks last. Stores may change prices at any time.
Click through this gallery to find the best offers.
Browse our other pictures
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 3rd March - Sunday 9th March 2014
- Supermarket offers
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 24th February - Sunday 2nd March 2014
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 17th February - Sunday 23rd February 2014
- Top 10 money blogs that every mum shoud read
- Top 10 bargain websites
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 10th February - Sunday 16th February 2014
- Budget Valentines Day ideas
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 3rd - Sunday 9th February 2014
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 27th January - Sunday 2nd February 2014
- Best 20 money saving apps
- 7 dinners for under £1 a head: Monday 20th January - Sunday 26th January 2014