Shut that door!
It's an obvious one, but with kids running around it's something that's easily forgotten. Drum into the family the importance of shutting doors in winter. Save on heating rooms you're not going to be using in the evenings by just getting the living room up to a habitable temperature and then shutting that heat in.
/money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/18 /money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/19 /money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/20 /money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home /money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/2
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums